Special Education Schools Admission
Experience The Children’s Guild Schools Difference
Explore Our Schools*
*Admissions information about The Children’s Guild: Transformation Academy coming soon.
Special Education Schools Admissions
If you have questions about enrolling a child at our special education schools or other admissions requirements, the answer may be in the FAQs.
The Children’s Guild offers special education school programs for children and youth ages 5-21 who have a diagnosis of:
- Behavior Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Multiple disabilities
- Demonstrate behaviors that interfere with attending public school programs
Children are referred by:
- Their local public school system, through the IEP process
- Parents/guardians, care providers, and educational advocates through the IEP team process
- Community-based mental health service providers through the IEP team process
Steps to enroll a child:
- Schedule an IEP team meeting at your child’s local school. Before you can enroll your child in The Children’s Guild, you must schedule a meeting with your child’s IEP team. The team will discuss your child’s needs; and if necessary, refer your child to a non-public school such as The Children’s Guild.
- The school district will contact The Children’s Guild. We want to know your child’s IEP requirements, and we want to tell you about the programs and services we offer.
- Interview and tour. The Children’s Guild will contact you to bring your child in for an interview and tour of the school. You may also meet with other staff members, including the therapist, psychiatrist, school principal and others, at this time.
- Acceptance. Your child can usually attend school within 48 hours of formal acceptance. However, it usually takes the referring school system seven to ten days to schedule bus transportation.